This past year God did a mighty thing in North India; 75,000 people committed their lives to Jesus Christ and 1,791 new house-based churches were planted through the 2020 Network Project. However this means there is a great need for training of new leaders for these new believers and churches. Of the 1,000+ pastors participating in the Network, each has between 3-6 young men and women who are actively helping in the ministry and have potential to be future leaders. However most of them have very little biblical training. To provide a long-term solution to this need, TellASIA is constructing a biblical training facility in the outskirts of Lucknow, center of the unreached Gangentic Plain region. However until it is complete we are doing what we can do to train new leaders using rented facilities.
Since July we’ve conducted two- and three-day training programs in 20 Districts. In each conference, 20-25 leaders attended. We provided training in basic Biblical foundations and how to lead people to Christ and start small house-based churches. In the coming months we’ll be doing more such workshops to strengthen the body of Christ. Also, from October 6th – 23rd we conducted a 3-week discipleship training program.
Forty new leaders from the various districts attended. They are already leading people to Christ and planting house churches, and have a desire to learn more about the Lord. Rev. Richard Burningham from Holy Trinity Church in the UK was the primary teacher. Rev. Richard taught Biblical basics such as Christian character from the Sermon on the Mount. David taught Biblical Basis of Mission from the Book of Acts. On the 23rd we had the graduation ceremony and each student received a set of books to help them continue growing in the Lord and in their leadership skills. We are very thankful to Rev. Richard and David for their valuable time invested in teaching. Here are testimonies from some of the students:
- Shishi Kapoor and wife – This training has given us a bigger vision for our ministry and bigger dreams for our future with the Lord. I came to this training feeling discouraged and unsure whether the Lord would use me in the future. Now I have a new vision and new excitement.
- Malti Shani – I was not sure if I would be able to come to this training, but the Lord made it possible for me to come. I am so glad! I have learned so much about the Bible and how it is the foundation for our faith. I have learned deeper things from God’s word. I learned how to live the beatitudes. The biggest thing is God’s love. This teaching was meant for me! I will live a life of the gospels and serve the Lord. This teaching has helped me dedicate my life more deeply to the Lord
- Samuel – I am an evangelist and this teaching has been very good for me. We learned here that our job as Christians is to live a “beatitude life” and to reconcile people to God. I want to live a life of love. I want to pass this teaching on to others.
- John Masih – This teaching has been important for my life and ministry. This teaching is different than any other teaching I have received. It was very relevant and practical for life and ministry. I will apply this teaching. I learned that I need to see, taste, and do the Word of God because God is the living God. This teaching has transformed my life. I will put these teachings into practice.
- Sonu Masih - At the beginning of 2010 my wife and I made a plan for the year. Many of these things have happened. We wrote that we hoped to get some kind of ministry and Bible training this year. We asked God to help us understand his word on a deeper level. This training has been an answer to those prayers. I have been helped so much by this teaching. I thank God for bringing me here.